Eating salads, but still got a tummy?
If you answer yes to this question, you may be suffering from insulin resistance. This is where your body does not move the energy we consume in our food from the blood, into our cells to be used as energy. Instead, our ingested food is essentially trapped in our bloodstream, causing inflammation and encouraging the laying down of fat.*
Insulin resistance can be caused by a number of things.
Are you insulin resistant?
- You store fat around your tummy?
- Do you often experience irritability for no reason?
- Do you get regular headaches?
- Do you suffer from brain fog
- Do you get restlessness, like you want to crawl out of your skin?
- Do you get light-headed?
- Do you store fat around your tummy - even if you are limiting your calories?
If you answered yes to a few of these, you may be suffering from insulin resistance.